Kokua is a non-profit, residential support agency that serves adults with disabilities. Since 1990, we proudly provide Supported Living Services in the Thurston County area. Kokua supports, encourages and empowers our clients, and we advocate and work toward true community inclusion. We strive to be a positive community partner and to be a welcoming, compassionate community organization that provides information, support and services to individuals with disabilities and their families. Our mission is to provide individuals with disabilities the support needed to live full and meaningful lives.
How we bring our mission to life:
- Teach self advocacy and independent living skills
- Provide sponsorship for consumer-driven initiatives
- Offer protective payee and money management services
- Create an environment of respect, dignity and integrity
- Build and strengthen positive community partnerships and family relationships
- Provide access to a variety of life-enriching activities
- Promote the full inclusion of people with disabilities in the life of the community
- Provide assistance with life transitions
- Offer continuing education opportunities
- Educate the community on disability-related issues
- Promote personal independence and responsibility
Kokua’s values define our beliefs as an organization and how we work to fulfill our mission. We believe it is the right of our clients to participate in the life of their community, including the right to meaningful work and the right to take measured risks in pursuit of their dreams. Kokua understands that a healthy, caring community is built one friendship at a time.